Superior Design Process
1. Initial Consultation– At your first home appointment with College City Design Build, we listen actively as we discuss your overall wants and needs for your project. College City evaluates your existing environment and how to incorporate new design and space. We ask for your ideas, give design suggestions and determine what is most important in the way you will use the new space.
Together, we review the planning and building processes and how they are structured to ensure your project’s success. We also review the overall project budget so that we can design within that budget.
2 . Preliminary Design-Then the fun begins! We take you on a step by step journey of drawing the plan until you like what you see. We’ll start with showing you a conceptual plan using Google sketch up or Chief Architect of what your project could look like and a realistic knowledge of the costs of your potential project.
Once the preliminary plan has been solidified our lead designer will help you select the products that will go into your project- from tile design,cabinetry details and all of the finishes that will be incorporated.
You can be rest assured that your selections are expertly coordinated to enhance your space and communicate your unique taste.
3. Assurance- Once all the details on the plans and selections have been finalized we run our network (electrician, plumbing/heating, etc.) through your home and troubleshoot any areas of concern to remove as many unknowns as possible ensuring that your project will run smoothly.
4. Final Design- College City then prepares a comprehensive scope of work from the designs and selections you have approved. This includes a detailed description of each step of the construction process, from concrete to framing to electrical. We review this with you to assure that all previous discussions regarding construction details are included in this document. This scope of work clearly describes what is and is not included in the project, providing a clear understanding of expectations.
5. Construction Start- We then finalize the cost of your project giving you a firm number for the project based on the final plans and final selections. Once we reach a construction agreement then we do a pre-construction meeting at your home to make sure everyone is on the same page with the scope of work, how the other areas of the home are being protected from dust, where material can be stored, safeguarding of pets and a timeframe for your projects completion.
6. Project Completion– Everyone at College City helps you stay on track with your daily living by managing all the construction details. We’ll coordinate the entire process and proactively keep you updated with weekly progress reports.
When your project is completed we’ll perform a thorough inspection and orientation with you to ensure all the details of the project have been completed per our agreed upon Scope of Work.
Ready to discover the potential of your home’s space? Simply fill out the Schedule your Consultation for on the right to get started!